Saturday, October 23, 2010

1 Timothy

Technically the only reason this is a blog post is because it won't fit on facebook (shakes fist angrily!)

1 Timothy 1:14-17
14The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

This verse truly is amazing! I mean it has it all basically....
Breaking down kind of what this verse means to myself:
     It starts off with something truly stunning...the stating that the Lord loves us so much that he personally will "pour" out his grace and love on us. (kind of cool) I think this second verse is like ok so here is how I view this, and it is so obvious it should be common knowledge, that God loved each and every one of us so much that He sent his son down to Earth to save us from our own sinfulness. The intriguing part of this is when he says that "[he] is the worst".This verse is one of those (insert booming noises of stuff like blowing up while signaling with your hands the literal exploding of your mind). He says that because he was a sinner thatJesus did come to this Earth, for the worst of the worst, so that they might see him. He says that God used him as an example of how great His power and patience truly are. Verse 17 is how I am going to try and end all of my prayers from here on out, "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."...well that is my thoughts on this at 2:40am :)

No comments:

Post a Comment